Valentine’s Day is another wonderful holiday to celebrate with a tea party. You can invite your special someone to a private tea party for two, or you can visit one of San Jose’s tea rooms and be pampered by the staff, before heading home or to any number of other romantic places. The following San Jose area tea rooms are having special seatings for Valentine’s Day:
1. Valentine’s Day Candlelight Tea: February 14, 2011 at Lisa’s Tea Treasures in San Jose. “Taking place every year on Valentine’s Day, this is a perfect opportunity to treat your Valentine to a quiet intimate evening. The “Special of the Month” will be served accompanied by soup, salad, and a glass of champagne. Seating available for 6:00, 6:15, and 6: 30 PM.”
Lisa’s Tea Treasures
377 Santana Row #1145
San Jose, CA 95128
2. A Celebration of Love and Friendship: February 1 – 28, 2011 at Lisa’s Tea Treasures in Campbell.
Lisa’s Tea Treasures
1875 S. Bascom Avenue #165
Campbell, CA 95008
3. My Valentine’s Afternoon Tea: February 1-28, 2011 at Satori Tea Company in San Jose. Menu includes 4 heart-shaped finger sandwiches, fresh English scones with preserves, lemon curd and clotted cream, crumpets with rum butter, and four kinds of sweets including French Macarons. Cost: $29.95 per person. Reservations requested.
Satori Tea Company
37 N. San Pedro St.
San Jose, CA 95110
4. Storybook Tea at History Park: Sunday, February 13, 2011. 11:30 am to 4 pm. “Ride the Historic Trolley and Hand Car. Wear a funny hat and join us for tea and cookies. Story time will be “The Cat Can’t Stay” by Thad Krasnesky. Make a Valentine’s Day bookmark.” Recommended for ages 4 to 8 years old. Reservations required; attendance is limited.
History Park at Kelley Park
1650 Senter Rd., San Jose
5. Cupid’s Touch at Tyme for Tea & Co.: Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., and Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 11 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Cost: $32 per person, by reservation only.
Tyme for Tea & Co.
37501 Niles Boulevard
6. Valentine’s Day Excitement at Crown & Crumpet Tea Salon: February 13th, 4 – 6 p.m., and February 14th, 7 – 9 p.m. “Come celebrate Valentines Day with Crown & Crumpet where we will be serving a special a champagne cocktail, a unique Tea Menu, a photo portrait for you and your love, a jolly party gift, door prizes and a cheeky afternoon!” Cost: $48.00 per person (includes Tax & Gratuity). Reservations requested.
Crown & Crumpet Tea Salon
207 Ghirardelli Square
900 North Point
San Francisco, CA 94109
Fancy restaurants can be prohibitively expensive on Valentine’s Day. Going out for tea is a much less expensive way to pamper your loved one, especially if you surprise them with some really good chocolate and roses or other fresh flowers. If you want to save even more money and still entertain with tea on Valentine’s Day, consider giving your own Valentine tea party! You can include the kids, or not, as you like.
Copyright 2011, Elizabeth Urbach.
For more information:
“Chocolate and tea: the perfect match?”
“A fashionable Valentine’s tea on the peninsula”
“A Valentine’s Day tea party for kids”
“Valentine’s Day gift idea: adopt a San Jose Heritage Garden rose”